Rental Cars Through Insurance Claim
Finally car rental insurance explained! Let’s face it, getting in an accident is stressful enough without having to worry about what to do while your car is being fixed. Zoom Rent-A-Car offers insurance rental coverage in partnership with insurance companies. We directly bill your insurance for the cost of renting a car or vehicles while yours is under repair due to an accident. Depending on your coverage and policy, your insurance company will cover the cost of the repair. We deal with all major insurance companies, dealership and repair facilities directly and coordinate with the repair shop to provide you with hassle free service. Zoom Rent-A-Car provides special rates for accident and replacement rentals and offers direct billing to the major dealerships and insurance companies until your personal vehicle is back on the road.
We provide the following benefits:
- Brand new vehicles to replace your personal vehicle
- Direct billing to insurance companies and dealerships
- Special accident rental rates
- Rentals available 7 days a week
- Free customer pick up/ drop off (depending on location)
- Service to accident scene/ reporting centre (depending on location)
Know Your RightsYou should always know your rights after being in an accident and Zoom Rent-A-Car want to make sure your experience is as easy as possible
- You are eligible to rent a vehicle comparable to your personal vehicle
- You have the right to choose your rental agency or repair shop
- Your coverage begins at the time loss or damages occurs if the vehicle cannot be operated or when the vehicle is delivered for repairs
- Your coverage ends when your vehicle is repaired or replaced or until your insurance company offers you payment for settlement of claim
- You have the right to complain about your insurance company if they do not comply with insurance laws/ regulations
- You may contact the Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO) if you have any questions about your rights.
Before You RentLooking to rent with Zoom Rent-A-Car while you vehicle is in for repairs, please ensure you have the following coverage on your policy. For more details, please refer to the Ontario Automobile Policy (OAP1) OPCF 20 (Loss of Use): OPCF 20 is the loss of the vehicle use form that will cover the cost of the rental vehicle while your personal vehicle is being repaired or replaced as long as the damage is caused by peril you are insured for. OPCF 27 (Liability to Non-owned Autos): OPCF 27 extends coverage for loss or damage to non-owned automobiles resulting from care, custody or control of the non-owned automobile by an insured person.
Frequently Asked Questions
My Toyota Camry was involved in a collision and is in for repairs. What kind of vehicle am I eligible to rent?
Toyota Camry is considered a full-size vehicle and you are eligible to rent any available full sized vehicle. Feel free to contact us to check availability.
Do I have to pay anything out of pocket?
Your insurance company takes care of the rental cost depending on your individual policy.
How long am I eligible to rent for?
Depending on your coverage, you can rent until your personal vehicle is fixed.
What if my personal vehicle is a write off?
You can rent until you receive payment from your insurance company for the settlement of the claim.
Who else can drive the rental vehicle?
Anyone listed as a driver on your auto insurance policy can operate the rental car.
Disclaimer: If for any reason the insurance company denies the claim or fails to pay whether due to any coverage disputes or fraudulent claims, the client will be held personally responsible. Please ensure you check with your insurance company for the details of your coverage before renting a car.